Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Circle.




Tomorrow is our last day of the school year. The first year of our little school. The first circle will be closed. Almost all the children will return next year, and almost all the teachers. This afternoon I am taking the time, all by myself, to let go of what has been. Letting go today to make space for what is coming tomorrow.

It was my first year as administrator (and part time custodian) and a return to teaching after a year of hiatus. Things felt new, but comfortably familiar at the same time.

I have been more patient with myself and others than I have ever been in my life.

I was able to balance my work and the rest of my life in a much healthier way than I have in teaching years past.

I have discovered that I love working with parents almost as much (or maybe more?) than I like working with the children.

I did so many things for the first time this year.

I had a great support in my assistant (and friend)- the support necessary (and the sense of humor necessary) to get through the not so good days. Especially that week where we had 5 days in a row that were like that. I will miss you so much Sayenne!

The circle closes this year with everyone in it. What good times.

I am so pleased.

No comments: