Tuesday, November 2, 2010

From The Happiness Project

Is there anything that you see people around you doing or saying that adds a lot to their happiness, or detracts a lot from their happiness?
There are three happiness killers - doing work you do not love and are not passionate about, surrounding yourself with people who you do not really like (someone who just fills time), and living somewhere that does not let you be you. Just stop it. Life is far too short. Also, materialism. We know that experiences matter so much more to happiness than material goods, stop the madness. That's why your place, community or neighborhood is so important - it is not just where you live. It is the center-piece or should I say center-place of your experiences.

Do you work on being happier? If so, how?
Yes, each day, every day. Someone once asked me, "What is my perfect day?" Every day I try to have one.


(I copied this off of Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project blog a while ago and found it in my notes. Unfortunately I didn't copy who was asking and who was answering the questions. In any case, the words plain work for me.)

1 comment:

speed said...

You know, currently I stay with people who don't exactly (to put it subtly) don't let me be. But, after three years of staying with them I feel like I just have to take easy day at a time. I have dealt with the consequences such as many arguments, rows of over unnecessary things, a very hurt spirit etc. At the end of the day, things like taking my daughter to the beach or watching her dance without a care in the world are what really float my boat. Thanks for bringing this up. You have a thoughtful blog.