Thursday, February 19, 2009

Doing the best I can.

There are some discouraging moments...

It can be very easy to lose perspective when I am caught in the juggle state of mind which is my brain on Montessori. It gives me great comfort to think some obvious thoughts:
  • I cannot know what I don't know, or according to Eckhart Tolle I already know everything I need to know.
  • I can only do what I am capable of doing, I am doing my best and it is all I can do.
  • When I focus on myself and what I am doing, then there is no space to worry about whether everyone else agrees that things are going well.
"...sometimes letting go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on." Eckhart Tolle

1 comment:

Miri said...

Hi Susanne!
I have just found your blog, and was reading it for the last hour. I am a homeschooling mom to the 18 months wise boy, which we've been trying to raise in the Montessori spirit. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and wisdom. You honesty has moved me deeply. You must be a very special person, and I think your students earn so much from your guiding them (as much as you gain from being their guide, I am sure). As everything in this life, there was a reason for me discovering your writing now. I could identify with so many of your words. And yet, I've learned so much from this generous short glancing into your heart. Thank you for that! Miri PS Please allow me to add you to my blogroll.