Monday, March 17, 2008

Blog goes to Sweden.


After a mainly uneventful but arduously long trek involving airplanes, buses, trains, and cars I made it back to Varberg unscathed but severely jet lagged. To combat the restless leg syndrome I went for a nice run yesterday afternoon in the fair 10 degree weather expecting it to be the coldest weather we'd get during the next 6 weeks. The trees are budding, the daffodils blooming, the cars chainless. The Swedes have broken out their shorts and roam the expansive sidewalks sock free.
That was yesterday.

This morning, when I woke up, whoa is the Swedes, because Varberg was coated in 1 foot solid snow. Whoa is also me because I have pictorical evidence of this but no cable to marry with my camera. (Along with more and more items I realized I forgot in hasty 2-hours-before-departure packing. Most painful the realization of the missing Skype headset.) I almost got to experience biking to school through snow, but Denise insisted we take the car. No one argued. The Varbergians though, carry on for richer or poorer on their bikes making tracks through the thick thick snow.

(Since I have no cable for the camera, I snagged someone else's pictures. They may or may not have anything to do with Sweden, Varberg, or my life at all.)

No comments: